วันอังคารที่ 8 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2555

Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L USM

Image
What can I say? Yes, it's a bit expensive. And yes, it weighs about a ton. But the quality of this lens is absolutely great. If you own a DSLR like the D30, D60 or 10D this lense effectively becomes a 25.6-56 mm zoom. Which is great since there aren't that many high quality moderate wide-angle lenses available for these DSLR's. If used on a 1Ds or a film SLR then the 16-35 suddenly becomes the stuff that dreams are made of. This is one hell of a lens! If you are planning to buy a wide-angle zoom lens for your EOS camera and are considering the purchase of a non-Canon lens, don't do it! I used a few of those before buying the 16-35 f/2.8L USM and regretted it almost from day one. Yes, they are cheaper, but if you're serious about photography in the long run you'll end up buying the real thing anyway. So better wait and save up a litlle longer.

Pros:
1) With the 1.6x crop factor of my 20D this is really a 24 to 56mm lens. This makes it quite a bit less of a wide angle and more of a midrange lens. Consequently, it stays on my camera all the time and covers most of my daily needs. I bought this lens fully expecting it to be 24 to 56 as I wanted it to be multi purpose and at 24mm its still pretty wide.

2) I try to avoid flash as much as possible given the type of photography I do and at f/2.8 I can take some great ambient light pictures that I would not be able to do otherwise

3) At f/2.8, I can also blow the backgrounds and foregrounds out of focus. The out of focus areas are gorgeously buttery and the blokeh is very nice given the 7 blades of the shutter.

4) The color saturation is like nothing I've ever seen before except with my 70-200mm Canon "L". I was literally floored at some baby pictures I took where the colors were in two words "mind blowing". I knew the color would be great but "WOW!" With Photoshop CS2 I can "fake" saturation but its just not quite the same as the color that came out of this lens straight out of the box. Zero photoshop touchup needed.

5) Its sharp! This lens takes some amazingly sharp pictures into what I would classify as amazing. I've received numerous positive comments on the sharpness of this lens. I've tried looking at the edges to see if there's any CA or less sharpness and couldn't really find any. Maybe on a full size sensor you can tell more but I couldn't really on a 20D. I do notice that the plane of focus at f/2.8 is narrow (which is good) and I have to make sure that everything I want in focus is. The blokeh is very buttery at f/2.8. I like it quite a bit.

6) Its built like a tank. Black metal shell. Metal EF mount. Smooth manual focusing. Sturdy recessed switches. The red stripe catches the eye of photographers who know....easy to strike up conversations and learn.

7) It was surprisingly smaller and lighter than I thought it would be. About half the size of my 70-200mm Canon "L". I was expecting it to be bigger and am much happier that it wasn't. Its on my camera all the time and not a chore to carry around at all. Unless you're a very petite person.

8) Internal focusing. So the lens size doesn't change in size or turn when focusing. This is very useful when you put filters on or when you're focusing in close.

9) USM Motor. Its whisper quiet and it focuses super fast. Faster than my 70-200mm....something I'd expect but wow its fast and silent.

10) It focuses pretty close 12 inches or so. You can get close to your subject. Its not a macro lens but you can get some dramatic wide angle shots with its close focusing.

11) Its TTL2 so works very nice with my 580EX flash.

12) EF mount will grow with you. If you upgrade your camera body to a full frame camera with an EF mount, this lens will fit your new camera and you can continue to enjoy your lens investment.

Cons:

1) On a 1.6x frame size, it doesn't get into "amazing" wide category but that's not the fault of the lens. I'm marking this down as a Con but you can take it several ways. If you want to get ultra-wide on a small frame camera, you won't with this lens (although 24mm is pretty darn wide) and about your only Canon options are the 15mm fisheye which I own and think is a great specialty lens, the 10-22mm EFS Canon, and the 14mm L. The 10-22 I hear is very good but its EFS (and won't fit the full frame cameras - less upgradable I think) and its not an L lens although for a non-L the 10-22 I hear is exceptional. The 14mm EF L will run you almost as much as this 16-35mm zoom. The 15mm EF Fisheye is wonderful but it is designed to distort and the distortion is visible on the 20D and even more so on full frame cameras and you need Photoshop to fix. On this 16-35mm L, if you want the f/2.8 and are ok with something like 24-56, then you won't find better for small-sensor cameras. I'm very glad I got it and, if you already have a full frame camera or upgrade at some point, you can enjoy 16mm "WOW" wide. I can only imagine the coverage I'd get on a full frame camera.

2) The hood is massive...wide but not very deep...so its a shallow hood (It has to be with the wide angle I guess). I never take it off -- it keeps stray light out and is a secondary protection for the lens. I have had zero problems with lens flare.

3) The front lens element does sink in and out inside the tube (exposed but the lens case doesn't change in size). There is no protective filter to protect that front element. I bought a UV/Haze filter ($26 from Amazon) and I highly recommend you do as well to protect your investment. With the UV/Haze filter, the lens is very self contained.

4) Oh the cost....my oh my. Expensive as heck. Cost as much as my camera body --- worth every penny. If its any consolation, these lenses are very hard to make and they keep their value. Your camera body might drop in value as new technology arrives but this lens will hold its value if you take care of it.

Pic :






 

 


More Detail : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006I53Q/tipfla-20


More Review : http://camera.babybi.com/detail.php?id_detail=45




ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น