วันศุกร์ที่ 27 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2555

Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX


Image

I use this wide angle lens on a Nikon D90. I have lenses that cover the range from 10mm to 300mm in 3 steps: 10-24mm, 24-70mm, and 70-300mm. I also own the fairly new Nikon 85mm micro with VR. I am willing to change lenses as needed - no single solution for all day such as the 18-200mm for me. This background is leading up to the statement that I don't use this lens very much. However, when it is appropriate I find it terrific for the price. The angle of view at 10mm is a little more than 90 degrees; this means you can skrunch in a corner and see both walls. This, is rather neat when shooting certain types of architecture and landscape scenes.

When the angle of a wide lens such as this is proper for the job, several other benefits are there because of the lens physics: 1) good depth of field even when hardly stopped down and 2) ability to shoot at relatively low shutter speeds even without VR. The second benefit follows partly because, other things being equal, short focal length lenses are lighter and smaller than longer focal wave lenses. I uploaded (to Amazon) a picture made with this lens at Carlsbad Caverns that was shot at f4.2 and 0.4 seconds. Hand held! Of course I had to brace my body as best I could and was far enough from the subject that a flash would have been silly. I used this lens exclusively in the Caverns because I needed to shot low-light hand-held as well as liking the angle of view. I was not impressed until I got home and started looking at the pictures in Photo Shop. I had already announced that these were practice shots so I'd know what equipment (tripod, etc.) to bring next time. At least a third of the shots in these rotten conditions were useful and some were really great. I can't think of another lens in my bag that would work as well (not even the 24-70mm f2.8 because it's too heavy for this kind of work).

I have owned the 10-24mm for a year now. As said above, I only use it once in a while. But it is always in my bag when I go on a shoot. If I need a wide field of view, I know this lens will do the job and I'm willing to take the time to switch. If I wasn't, I would not be using an SLR in the first place.



Best ultra wide-angle lens for nikon dslrs: 8 tested

Nikon 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S DX - £670/ $860

With a zoom range of 10-24mm, equalled only by the Tamron lens, this is a worthy successor to Nikon's older 12-24mm lens. It provides a wider angle of view at its shortest focal length, and build quality feels robust, with silky-smooth zoom and focus rings.
The lens features two ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements to ensure excellent sharpness and contrast, and the ring-type AF-S autofocus is super-fast and highly accurate.

Performance

The largest available aperture shifts from f/3.5 to f/4.5 as the focal length extends through the zoom range. For an ultra-wide zoom, the Nikon proved remarkably sharp at its largest apertures in our tests, and there was little vignetting, making it great for handheld shooting in dull light.
From low-lit indoor shots to sunny landscapes, the Nikon gives extremely accurate exposures throughout its zoom range. Distortions are a little more noticeable than with some lenses. But, then again, these can be tuned out automatically with Nikon's latest DSLRs.

Sharpness

Best ultra wide-angle lens for nikon dslrs: 8 tested
Outright sharpness is best at the crucial ultra-wide focal lengths, and remains consistent throughout the aperture range.
Lab test at f/8
Sharpness at 10mm: 1681
Sharpness at 15mm: 1766
Sharpness at 24mm: 1488

Fringing

Best ultra wide-angle lens for nikon dslrs: 8 tested
Fringing is only slightly noticeable in the 10-15mm zoom range. At longer focal lengths, chromatic errors are negligible.
Lab test at f/8
Fringing at 10mm: 0.33
Fringing at 15mm: 0.35
Fringing at 24mm: 0.96

Distortion

Best ultra wide-angle lens for nikon dslrs: 8 tested
Distortion is well controlled overall, although barrel distortion is clearly visible at the 10mm focal length.
Lab test at f/8
Distortion at 10mm: -3.86
Distortion at 15mm: -0.23
Distortion at 24mm: -0.81

Image test verdict

Best ultra wide-angle lens for nikon dslrs: 8 tested

The Nikon delivers supremely accurate and consistent metering, and acquits itself excellently in all aspects of image quality.

More Detail : http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0026FCKC8/tipfla-20

More Review : http://camera.babybi.com/detail.php?id_detail=29

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น